Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Little Bit of This and That

My life has been uneventful, but sense no one is reading this it doesn't really matter does it?

I spent some time at a local shopping center last night with friends. Well, one friend who I knew and two of his friends who I didn't. Probably the highlight of the evening was visiting the Apple store. I tried on the top-o-the line Bose noise canceling headphones. Man those things are wonderful!

In the store (and really around the whole area) we saw other teens, mostly scene and hipster kids. There was one guy who looked particularly ridiculous. I'm not trying to condemn him so much as I pity teens like that.

I pity the kids who are trying so hard to look cool and it just comes off as absurd. Granted I have my share of flaws. However when I look at people like that I see someone who is going nowhere with their life.

Who is more likely to get hired for a job; teen A who can speak articulately and dresses well or teen B who refuses to make eye contact and dresses like a punk.

Now I don't have any problem with the different "social groups" at a general level. I'm also not saying teen B is a bad person, but teen B has never been taught some basic life skills. If they have been taught, they seem to blatantly ignore it.
It's sad.

I want to look back at my teen years and see more than mistakes, fun and fashion choices.

On a completely different note, tonight I picked up Jon Foreman's solo album "Limbs and Branchs" tonight. What can I say, I'm a hopeless fan.

On the 26th I'll be leaving for Texas to see some old and very dear friends of the family. I haven't seen them sense the spring of '08 and I'm excited for the chance to visit them.

The saying goes, "absense makes the heart grow fonder." I've found that it holds true in my life. I don't think I'd have become nearly so close to this family had they remaind in the area.

If anyone should read this,(doubtful) remember not to take your friends and family forgranted. No one really knows how much they love someone until that person is gone.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment