Monday, December 14, 2009

Watching the Skies

It seems like the weather has remained very dismal around here. Everything is gray, its rainy and cold outside. Heck I might as well live in the UK. The sun came out for a little while this morning but quickly retreated behind the clouds.

Please understand that where I'm located such weather in the winter is common, but not to the extent which we've seen this year.

However it's not deppresing to me, somehow I find all the gray very comforting. Don't get me wrong I like sunshine as much as the next guy but I truly enjoy winter.

Perhaps it has something to do with being born in December during the middle of an ice storm or maybe I'm just strange.

In any case....

The wind and rain contribute to a feeling of warmth and security. To know that you're inside with a cup of coffee and a good book is a wonderful sensation.


I'm sure that within a few months (or perhaps weeks) I'll be ready to forgo the extra layers and bath in the sunshine. But for now I'm savoring the hot coffee and short sunless days.

No comments:

Post a Comment